Oh, the things I accomplished this weekend! I wrote out a pretty lengthy to-do list on Friday afternoon, and yesterday evening, I crossed off the last item. I also forgot to transfer pictures of my projects over to my computer, so those will have to wait. For now, though, I would like to brag that I:
- Sanded and re-stained an end table (note to Mom: my problems with the sander were user error; apparently it works better if you don’t push down so hard).
- Went to the Farmers’ Market, where I got a really lovely bouquet of flowers and 3 pounds of cherry, grape, and pear tomatoes.
- Roasted the above-mentioned tomatoes for three hours, until they had reduced to about 10 oz. and tasted much more tomato-y. Unfortunately, this is not a selling point for me.
- Cleaned much of the house very thoroughly (including washing the kitchen floor!).
- Started a new knitting project about which I’m very excited.
- Cooked 4 pounds of pears down into sauce, which is in my crock pot right now, (hopefully) reducing into pear butter, which I will then can in the jars that I got on sale and with a coupon.
Pretty much all of these items deserve a post of their own, so I’ll be back to do that when I’ve got photo evidence!