1. I’ve never been a work-at-desk person, at least not when it comes to schoolwork. Now, though, I have a desk that I’m finding it pretty easy to work at and keep clean. I attribute this in part to the fact that it’s pretty spacious for my needs and also…
2. I have a lot of storage space. I have roughly 6 file cabinet drawers, 6 other drawers, a coat closet, shelves, and 7 feet of overhead storage. I could practically move in here and live comfortably, so it’s easy to find a place to stow all of my work-related papers and stuff.
3. Of course, it wouldn’t really be my space until I organized everything to within an inch of its life, so I spent an afternoon color-coding and relabeling all the files left by my predecessor. I feel much more at home now.
5. Count the post-it products in the photo above! It was almost embarrassing how excited I was to discover the supply closet, with shelves upon shelves of post-its, paper products of various types, and other necessities of office life. One thing that’s conspicuously absent is pens of any color besides black or red. Not that I’m obsessed with color-coding or anything, but every so often a girl just needs a blue, green, or purple pen.
6. I’ve been searching for some piece of art to hang on the wall above my desk, with no great success yet. I feel like this is a big decision, something on which I’ll be judged by everyone who walks by, and I don’t want to blow it with a Monet or an Ansel Adams or something. Luckily, I think I’ve found something perfect: a Periodic Table of Typefaces poster. I have no problem being identified as a nerd; it’s kitten-lover or inspirational-poster-hanger that I’m afraid of.
7. Hmm…one last thing. I’m having trouble coming up with something. Oh! I know! I have one of these at my desk. Yes, it’s everything you could dream of and more.
Check out Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!